URGENT HELP I-Phone 3G Have I Been Overcharged??

Reaction score
Ive just got my first bill from the carphonewarehouse for my iphone 3G (im in the UK) and they seem to have charged me £7.50 more than i believed i was due to pay.

Any Idea why??

If im out and i connect to the internet via non wifi (maybe 3G or internet access from the sim)

i do use my phone as a sat nav with the maps options is this it??

Help

Reaction score
£7.50 is the monthly charge for O2 bolt-ons such as unlimited texts - did you opt for any of these?
It is also the monthly charge for insurance - did you opt for that?

The best thing to do if it doesn't say in the bill (could you screenshot the bill?) is ring them and ask - is it the carphone warehouse or O2 that actually charge you? If it is the latter, dial 202 from your iPhone. I'm not sure what carphone warehouse's number is.

OP
nathannew2008
Reaction score
I opted for a carphonewarehouse insurance polocy
i was told £35 per term £11 somthing a month
I was under the impression that all my data was free EG internet on the move via 3G or maps ect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Quicksilver Dual 1ghz 10.5.4, Mac Mini G4 10.4.11, iPod 60gb gen4, + 60gb gen5, iPhone G3 16gb
I got my bill and couldn't work out what was happening either.

But then read it properly and found that mine was due to the billing periods.

When I purchased my iPhone from Apple store it was almost at the end of the O2 billing period so got a proportion of that month and then the full month coming.

It may be that, just re-check and see if your bill mentions two sets of dates.

Steve

Reaction score
Nathan,

Unlimited data is free on all plans. It is possible that what pppix said is correct (i.e. £7.50 was for the week or so before you got your first bill, and then the £35 is for the month coming) but it seems unlikely that the amount would be so round. Also, the way I got it was, I was billed for the day I bought my iPhone and then the month coming - I did get mine from O2 though.

I would contact the carphone warehouse and ask them what is going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.