500 gb hdd on macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gonna buy one this sept!!
Hey Guys!

im goin uni this sept;D ;so i've decided to buy a white macbook 2.4 with 160 gb hdd with ma student discount.

I wanna run windows home premium as well bcz im a big fan of the media center application.

So i was wondering if i should upgrade to 500 Gb...samsung hm500li hard disk.

Is bigger drive slow??Or any heat or battery problems??:|

Should i upgrade to 4 gb ram as well??:|

Thankx a lot in advace.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
i would only do the ram upgrade if you find a good deal on it. OCZ 4GB was $42 on buy.com last weekend, so I bought it. But most people will be fine with 2GB until a year from now when RAM prices continue to plummet.

I didn't know they make 500GB notebook drives. Highest I've heard of in a macbook is 320. you're probably better off buying an external drive. You could get a 1 TB drive for the price of a 320GB internal....

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
i would only do the ram upgrade if you find a good deal on it. OCZ 4GB was $42 on buy.com last weekend, so I bought it. But most people will be fine with 2GB until a year from now when RAM prices continue to plummet.

I didn't know they make 500GB notebook drives. Highest I've heard of in a macbook is 320. you're probably better off buying an external drive. You could get a 1 TB drive for the price of a 320GB internal....

I don't know about you but as a student carrying extra stuff hurts my shoulders enough, with the books and various supplies that I have to carry around all day.

I rather have the 500GB HDD they are selling it at here

Although I would rather wait on that too until the price drops down more or I might jump on the SSD bandwagon when Samsung starts mass producing their 250 GB SSDs.

For ram I have these. A little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for and they are amazing.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gonna buy one this sept!!
cheers guys...

ny idea where can i get these stuff from in uk??

can get ram at crucial uk but could'nt find ny seller for 500gb hdd .

thnkx again.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
www.mwave.com has the drive for $169.95 and two day express shipping for $12. i'm about to order my second one this week. not sure about the install on the macbook pro though, might just pay someone to install it for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.