lost iphoto library photos..pls help

Reaction score
hi

i had over 2000 photos and about 20-30 videos in my iphoto library and was a fool to not make a backup. i didnt do anything new but noticed one fine day that all my pics n videos were not thr in iphoto. when i search for them using spotlight i see jus the thumbnails of all d pics n videos. when i go to users/pictures there is no iphoto library folder thr...jus a iphoto library icon which when clicked opens iphoto only. however when i open the 'get info' option by right clicking iphoto library...i see that it still has about 2.5 GB data (which was the size of my pics n videos) does it mean all my data is still in the iphoto library? if it is pls tell me how i can recover it? i tried the rebuild option too but it jus rebuilds the few pics (about 120) that i added after d loss of d earlier data...

i will be really grateful if someone can help me as i am distraught by the thought of losing my collection :(

thnks
dsain

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.