Holy Crap its here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
My ibook came today, and so far im in love. Ive been using it for like an hour and a half so far, just exploring and such. I am pretty lost in some areas, but I am having alot of fun. I dled aim, and quiksilver so far. I cant figure out how to make the hotkey for quiksilver work though...any help would be appreciated. Can we do remote sharing over the net on here? I deleted idvd, and freed up another gig of HD space. Im glad I got the 60 gig HD instead of the 30.

L

Louis_mbs

Congratulations.

It sounds like it arrived earlier than anticipated?

My iMac should arrive in the next couple of days. The wait has been killing me though.

In the next six months I will most definatly think about purchasing either an iBook or Powerbook for business use. It would be interesting to see how you have got along with your iBook before that time.

Regards,

Louis

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats, enjoy your new system. :)

D

Desolate One

Congrats! Have you tried iChat instead of AIM? I like it better, much more of a clean look- no button clutter like AIM. Give it a go and let us know wot you think. :mac:

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well its day 2 and I am still in love. I love being able to do stuff wirelessly around my house. My Desktop was connected wirelessy, but its not exactly portable. It was supposed to arrive on thursday and showed up tuesday, so no complaints there. I love the color of the ibook, even more than my friends powerbook I was messing with the other night. Ive just been exploring the OS mainly, figuring stuff out. I am learning fairly easily. I am surprised how well it runs with the standard 256mb of ram, I couldnt imagine what my Windows XP PC would run like with 256. Desolate_One you are the 2nd person to tell me to try out ichat, so i think im going to go do that right now. I have today off, and it snowed all night, so I might just stay insided and play with my mac all day :)

Reaction score
Ok from now on, every new Mac owner has to post
pics.gif

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well Ive been using ichat and I like it quite a bit, however I cant figure out how to look at somone's, or edit my own, profile. I have myspace and i'd like to put a link to that in my info. I used ichat with a buddy of mine, and now I want to get isight, its very cool. I dled Firefox after using Safari for about 4 days. I missed Mozilla from my PC, and I tried giving Safari a fair chance, but I found some pages that it would load really bad, big pages like msn.com. I have a question about firefox, everytime I open it, it leaves this drive looking icon on my desktop. Is there a way for me to run firefox without having the icon on my desktop? Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.