The application has failed???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook. IMac
Hey guys.. im having serious issues. i tried calling apple and well they said my warranty was expired so they couldnt help me. :(

ive been searching online for answers but nothing.
then i came across mac forums and it seemed like some expert mac-ERS. would help.

so heres what happened. i shut down my computer three nights ago and it was on windows. it did some automatic update or something? and then i went to turn it on and if you leave it on windows when you shut down then it'll start up on windows.

this is a macbook btw.

so then i start it up and it says:

This application has failed to start because SHLWAPI.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix the problem.

and im trying to insert my windows cd so i can try to fix the problem but it wont read it in time to start the cd. and i cant get it back to my macs side of my computer so i can just uninstall and re do the whole thing.

i have also tried using my reboot mac cd for my macbook but it wont read it either. it just starts windows again and fails
then goes to a black screen and a little dialogue box pops up with that application problem.

help!! WHAT DO I DO!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
what windows OS?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook. IMac
reply.

mac os x leopard
and i use bootcamp
with windows xp sp2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.