Right Click

Reaction score
Hi,

This may be a really silly question? I bought my first Mac two days ago and I still haven't found the right click. For copying and pasteing etc. Does a MacBook have one?

Thanks!

Karen

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi,

This may be a really silly question? I bought my first Mac two days ago and I still haven't found the right click. For copying and pasteing etc. Does a MacBook have one?

Thanks!

Karen

Yep. You can do it one of two ways. Either enable "two-finger tapping for right-click" through System Preferences => Keyboard & Mouse => Trackpad tab. Once that's enabled, just tap the touchpad with two fingers for a right click. You can also hold the control key down when you left click for a right-click.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'll warn you... once you try this, you won't be able to comfortably use a trackpad on windows. being forced to use the scroll areas, if the trackpad even has a right<>left scroll, and the trackpad buttons, will be painful at worst, unrewarding at best.

viva la macbook touchpad! :D

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
i'll warn you... once you try this, you won't be able to comfortably use a trackpad on windows. being forced to use the scroll areas, if the trackpad even has a right<>left scroll, and the trackpad buttons, will be painful at worst, unrewarding at best.

Agreed! I am constantly frustrated that I can't scroll via two fingers on my HP laptop ;D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, i attempt to two finger tap on my wife's HP laptop too ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
Does two finger scroll work in XP on a macbook? Like do the drivers cross platforms?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i don't believe so - but i don't know from experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.

yes, I am LOST on my thinkpad every time I use it the first time :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Does two finger scroll work in XP on a macbook? Like do the drivers cross platforms?

Two finger scrolling does, but two finger tapping doesn't work exactly the same way. Instead of just tapping with two fingers, you have to hold two fingers to the trackpad and then click the trackpad button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.