Mac Office 2008

Reaction score
I heard that Mac Office 2008 does not support VBA. I write some VBA scripts in excel for certain things, but now I won't be able to do this, correct? Any advice?

Thanks,
Kevin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Kevin,

I heard there was such an outcry about this from Office users that Apple is working to correct this omission. Hang on for a while, it should be added back via mod or upgrade...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
Apple fixing Office 2008? Hardly. It+s MS product.
And no, VBS does not work in 2008. That's why I use Office 2008 but Excell 2004 ...

OP
S
Reaction score
Got it...Is Office 2004 better/worse than 2008? I mean, at least it supports VBA, no?

Thanks,
Kevin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple fixing Office 2008? Hardly. It+s MS product.
And no, VBS does not work in 2008. That's why I use Office 2008 but Excell 2004 ...

You're right of course - it was Microsoft that said it...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I heard that Mac Office 2008 does not support VBA. I write some VBA scripts in excel for certain things, but now I won't be able to do this, correct? Any advice?

Thanks,
Kevin

As you've already been advised, that's true. No VBA available in Office 2008 -Thanks MS. :Angry-Tongue:

Whether or not MS intends to fix this, who knows? Like Noels I've heard they will issue a patch (free download) to add VBA back, and again, I've heard not to expect VBA until the next full version of Mac Office is published. $$$

However, until MS does something you can use Applescript to automate certain things in Office. I've even read where there is a conversion tool available that can convert SOME macros to Applescript.

Best place for info regarding this is where the Mac Office MVPs hang out. Very knowledgeable folks who should be able to provide you with answers and assistance.

http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Word/

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4ghz 2GB RAM
Hello all
i didnt want to start a whole new thread for a simple little question.
I recv'd Office for Mac 2008 as a gift but is says "upgrade" on the top right corner of the box. I was wondering if this will do a complete install or do I need to have the previous version already installed? thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it says "upgrade" on the box it will ask for or look for a previous installed eligible version. Check the Microsoft Mac Office web site and see what they consider an eligible version.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fam0usfam1ly ,

Take it back to a retail store like Best Buy and tell them you received it as a gift and it's the wrong version. I'm sure they'd be willing to make an exchange... providing it's unopened (the seal isn't broken),

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4ghz 2GB RAM
thanks guys for your input. ya ive been careful not to open the seal incase i do need to exchange it somewhere.
thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.