Need Help!! Black Mb Or Mbp???

Reaction score
I need some help!

Which is better the black macbook or the macbook pro?

What are the pro's/con's of each and is the MBP worth the extra $700?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
which is better? For me, the one with the discrete video card and larger screen. For you, perhaps not. Depends on what you need to use it for.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'd say wait 2 months and then make your decision?

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Why 2 months??

I would use the com for School work, Browsing the internet (emails, youtube etc), playing some (but not many) games as well as Storing/editing video's and pictures and watching dvd's....

Which would be better for that?? I love the sound/look of the 15' (17' too big for me lol) MBP but have heard some bad things about it (however that was a while ago so don't know if these things have been fixed) so was not sure which one would be best???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
black macbook +ram upgrade, but thats just my personal preference,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
unless you really need to do games / video editing, the $700 premium is simply not worth it, IMO.

I'd say go for the blackbook with 4GB ram, like the guy above me said

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Well if you want the bigger screen and better graphics card then go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
For what you are planning to use the laptop for there is no reason that you should spend the extra money on a computer that you don't won't really use the benefits of.

Couple differences that i know off the bat are as follows:
1) MBP Has a backlit keyboard
2) MBP has both firewire 400 and 800 where as MB has only 400

Those are just a couple things that made the choice easy for me. I went for the MBP because im a DJ and needed the extra speed on the firewire so that i can run my music programs and pull songs from external hard drives faster.

If your using this for pretty much college stuff( email, papers,internet etc) then unless you just want to have the MBP there is really no reason for you to have it.

The processor specs are the same in both computers so as far as specs go you will have almost the same laptop minus the extra ports that i mentioned.

Hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.