2 Mac problems (weird sound and window problem)

Reaction score
So I'm having some mac problems.

1) you know how the mouse cursor automatically dissapears while your typing? well once it does the computer makes an annoying noise going *eeeeeeee* that's really annoying especially when i'm trying to type a long message such as this one.

2) You know how when you minimize a window it sucks it into the dock with a cool animation?
well it stopped doing that, it simply just dissapears now and also when I clickt he 2 side buttons expose doesn't open to show all the windows.
I looked through system prefrences and cant find anything to fix these.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
1. no idea

2. Apple Menu>dock>dock preferences Where is says Minimizing using: Genie Effect should be selected.

2b. No idea, I use hot corners for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
now and also when I clickt he 2 side buttons expose doesn't open to show all the windows.
I looked through system prefrences and cant find anything to fix these.

Check under System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse for that. I'm on a Macbook, thus no mouse, but if I remember right, the settings for exposè to work when you squeeze the mouse are in that menu

OP
G
Reaction score
Ok I got the genie and the expose to work.
That noise might jut be since my mac is over 2 years old.

Thanks though guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.