Installed 1 gb ram, profiler doesn't read it.

B

bobby_bishop

I'm on a G5 dual 1.8 (with the 4 ddr slots) and i installed two 512 sticks of kingston pc 3200 ram, and yet when i booted up my computer, and system profiler has nothing listed for my 2 previously empty slots. i'm pretty sure i did everything correctly. any ideas?

Reaction score
bobby_bishop said:
I'm on a G5 dual 1.8 (with the 4 ddr slots) and i installed two 512 sticks of kingston pc 3200 ram, and yet when i booted up my computer, and system profiler has nothing listed for my 2 previously empty slots. i'm pretty sure i did everything correctly. any ideas?

You have to make sure you are installing compatable ram as the Mac gets picky about what you use. It uses Pc3200 - 400. If you try and install a Pc3200 - 433 it will not work. I installed 4 sticks of Corsair cmx512-3200c2pt in my G5 and it works just great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
make sure you pushed them in until they snap into place, dont force it, but make sure theyre in all the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.