Forwarding/Copying email sent using AOL to Gmail

Reaction score
I have Gmail (IMAP) setup to retrieve my AOL mail via POP...but it doesn't also collect any messages I've sent (or will send in the future) using AOL's SMTP server.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way in which I could setup a rule, or perhaps even use an AppleScript, to have Mail v.3.4 on my Leopard 10.5.4 machine automatically forward (or better yet), simply "copy" all messages sent using AOL's SMTP servers to my Gmail account...

Ideally, it would be better to copy rather than forward these messages because they then would maintain their date sent, as well as the proper To/From fields...(Copy meaning selecting an email or emails then from the Messages menu, choosing "Copy To..."

Any thoughts on if this is possible? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have no idea, but I am curious as to why you do that? Why don't you just have your accounts set up in the mail app? Or is it that you don't use the mail app?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.