Boot Camp OS X Install DVD

Reaction score
I am currently stationed in Iraq. I left my Mac OS X Leopard installation disc back in Hawaii. I want to install windows xp with boot camp but it says in the install pdf that I will need my Mac OS X Leopard installation disc. Can I install windows XP with boot camp with out those disc?

If not were can I order a new set of disk? I have looked on apples site with no luck.

Thanks
Larry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi:

The Leopard disk contains drivers which you will need to get Windows working properly. You should have no difficulty in running Boot Camp to create the partition for Windows and then installing Windows (if you have the proper version).

Without the Leopard disk, you'll have to get on the net and chase down drivers for your Mac's hardware to work in Windows. Drivers such as: Video, sound, bluetooth, airport, iSight, etc. I'm not sure if there is somewhere on the Apple site that those drivers can be downloaded from as a package but do a search anyway.

Another option is to maybe borrow a friend's Leopard disk (has to be the same for your specific Mac) to install the drivers. Or, maybe have a relative or friend in Hawaii air mail the disks to your APO address.

Regards.

Reaction score
Need help with boot camp

i deleted boot camp off my mac accidentally and i would like to know which Mac OS X install Disk it is on because the internet at my boarding school is 6kbps which is so annoying! so please help me- Thanks :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See the following Apple KB article: Link

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.