• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Please help! ive mad a huge mistake

Reaction score
Ok, well this might get kind of long but i've made a hugeee mistake. I was accepted to umass amherst. The school of my dreams i thought, but i went for orientation and i hated it. I was also accepted to a more local school bridgewater state college, and so was my girlfriend. I was originally suppose to go to umass, i had all my classes picked and my room was all set. mind you this was only about three weeks ago. But i changed my mind and decided to attend bsc, i spoke with a woman at umass told her about my withdrawal and everything. but now im regretting that decision, i want to go to umass but school starts in less than a month. do you think i will be able call umass and they will let me attend after explaining my huge mistake to them? please help me, im a mess

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
You won't know until you try!

OP
I
Reaction score
You won't know until you try!

and i wont know until monday when they are in office and its killing me not to know because this is my life we're talking about. i'm just looking for opinions from you guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
you may have already burnt ure bridge but its worth a try. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Maybe they'll let you change to a deferral and you can go back next year, or just reapply if that doesn't pan out. But since you've already turned them down they may not look favorably on another application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
if there was NO waiting list to get in, you can get back without a problem. Other wise they might have given your bed away. See if you can get on the waiting list and be put at the top. There are ALWAYS no shows and they will pull from the wait list.

PS I work at a University :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
umass sucks, don't worry about it

You suck too, but don't worry about it. :)

Without additional comments to backup my statement, it's pretty useless (and was said only to demonstrate a point).....as is yours. Why not try explain why you think it sucks?

Reaction score
You suck too, but don't worry about it. :)

Without additional comments to backup my statement, it's pretty useless (and was said only to demonstrate a point).....as is yours. Why not try explain why you think it sucks?

I was just trying to make him feel better about his decision... I know nothing about umass, except that I have heard of it which is more than I can say about BSC. It probably is the better school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
So why not just be honest instead of telling someone what you THINK they want to hear? :)

Reaction score
you may be screwed, for this year atleast. If you call and they say no, dont go pushing there buttons, just go to the other school for a year and reapply next year. I had somthing along the same lines happen to me with Wentworth. I appyed the next year and got in with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.4ghz/4gigram/sd/leopard
Is UMASS a state school or a private college?

If it is a state school, i don't see how they could keep you out....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
^ Seriously? State schools do not guarantee acceptance in any way, shape, or form. What?

Good luck man. My friend just had some weird crisis where she decided to cancel her plans at a university to go to a community college practically on a whim [within two days, no lie]. She has now [in my opinion, especially in her situation, thankfully] made the decision to go back to the university. Note that classes start on the 25th of this month, and her move-in starts on like the 20th.

Point being, it's a similar situation. All you can do is try to get back in, but there are no guarantees. I don't know if my friend had completely withdrawn yet. Good luck, and if it doesn't work out, there's always the transfer option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The OP sounds just like my oldest. Indecision may or may not his their problem. Don't give up your dream school for a chick, she'll likely be gone in a short time but your dream school will always be with you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Dude....
Look at it this way:
Everything happens for a reason. There is a reason why you chose BSC over UMASS. Go to college with your girl, you'll like it more. Trust me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Lets call it fate. Don't regret. Work towards it. Good luck man!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.