Gettin iMac 20", and some questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
Hey guys,
Im getting an iMac 20" for christmas, and im pumped up, its my first mac machine, i cant wait to get off this piece of crap windows thing.
I got a question about getting online.
Once I plug my ethernet cable from my router to my iMac, does it prompt me, or do i have to go to Settings, or what do i do?
Also, any news of Battle for Middle Earth coming out on Mac?
cheers
eddy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
theres really nothing to do, plug it in,usually, its automatically set up, but if it doesnt, and it will, go into system prefernces> Internet&Network category>Network>click built in ethernet in the list, click configure, from there, you either click assist me, or you click the appropiate tab(probably) tcp/ip) and set it using dhcp and enter all the info, and then in the ethernet tab, click Configure: Automatically. not sure about tat game coming out or not.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since it will be a brand new system. When you first start it. An automatic configuration program will run. It will create a user id and help set it up on the network.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
re

Ok thanks alot for the help, i cant wait to get it, christmas morning will br sweeeeeeeettt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.