Looking for a compatible KVM Switcher

F

fatslowpunk

My situation:

I am running a G5 and want to use a KVM switcher that allows me to go back and forth from my PC. (I know it kills me to) The PC is USB and/or PS2 .

Anyway, I have read about some KVMs that have had problem with the new G5 keyboards and I want to know if anyone has found a workable solution.

-Fatslowpunk-

OP
J

jumping_gum

Me too.....wanna get a mini mac

Hi all :ninja:

I'm almost convinced with the purchase of the mini mac....almost.
It's just that I don't want to have another mouse and keybaord on my desk.

I'm a bit of a hardened windoze user and I want to keep my PS2 kb and mouse.
Are KVM's compatible with the USB plugs? What if we use some PS/2 to USB convertors? So that my KVM cables go into the mini mac by converting the PS2 connectors and using some sort of adaptor convert to USB ?

or am i just talking poo?

OP
J

jumping_gum

meltbanana314 said:
Apple sells a Belkin KVM through its own store:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...Defku2tsGcLp1VDIAMVr/1.0.11.1.0.6.25.7.11.4.3

But why do you want to keep the outdated PS2 keyboard/mouse? Yes, you can pick up some PS/2 to USB adapters and they will probably work - but peripherals are cheap and you'd probably be better off finding a deal on a USB keyboard and mouse at your local technology shop.

If I get a mini mac, I'll have 3 machines (poss 4 inc my laptop) sitting on my desk top or by feet. I don't wanna spend mega bucks for a KVM that has USB as I can get a 4 ps2 KVM switch for less then £30/$50 whilst a USB one is slightly more costly...unless you know different

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.