Serious hard drive/ipod issues, PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Hey guys, FIRST POST! ;D

Ok anyways.....

What happened is that I purchased a pretty big hard drive for my ibook G4 a while back, and it crashed. Because it was not purchased from apple, they refused to fix it. So yesterday I put my original hard drive back in, and unfortunately it has none of my music, info, settings, etc.

So...I want to put all my music/videos from my ipod back to my itunes (via some program I will purchase or download).

But I am unable to do so because my computer is not reading my ipod. Is this because it is not linked with my current hard drive? HOW DO I GET IT TO READ IT??

And can someone recommend a program that will transfer my music from my ipod to itunes?

Thanks!O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
So you took apart your iBook and swapped a new HD, it crashed, then you re-installed the original one? Why didn't you diagnose the newly installed and go from there? That's a lot of work if you ask me.

itunes reads ipods....am I missing something in this post?

OP
Y
Reaction score
So you took apart your iBook and swapped a new HD, it crashed, then you re-installed the original one? Why didn't you diagnose the newly installed and go from there? That's a lot of work if you ask me.

itunes reads ipods....am I missing something in this post?

Because the computer would not start. the ibook was completely busted and would not even turn on with the crashed hard drive. That's why i replaced it.

And no, itunes is NOT reading my ipod, possibly because it is linked with my old HD only. THAT IS WHAT I NEED HELP WITH.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.