Newbie iPhoto help needed

Reaction score
Ok, I am a mac newbie...

I have a bunch of pics in my iPhoto and today the wife wanted to upload some to walmart and have them printed out. When I try to locate the pics, I can't get them. I can control click on a picture in iPhoto and it tells me the path to the photos, but when I try to navigate there for uploading, the iPhoto library doesn't exist.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Kevin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 160G
If you're navigating through Finder, it doesn't seem to recognize the iPhoto Library folder as a folder. Is that what you mean?

I got past this by copying the photos I wanted to another folder in my home directory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
i would suggest dragging and dropping the pictures you would like to upload to walmart onto your desktop from iphoto, upload then delete or store

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Stay out of the finder! Users are not meant to do anything to/with their photos in finder. That is why Apple has change the file to be a package -- to keep users from messing about in there and corrupting thir files. Either drag the photos to your desktop from within the app, or use the export function. I suggest export, because then you can choose the size of the photo, and for printing, you would probably want the largest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.