How Is This Thing Still Together!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Well that 12" powerbook arrived and of course, it's not how the seller described. (Surprise surprise, good ol' "Oh yeah it works..")
ANYWAYS...
So the hard drive isn't spinning like the seller said it does..So I took out every little freakin screw I could find on this powerbook yet only the track pad and palm rest comes up, and I can't even get the stupid keyboard up...Do you just have to use a little muscle and pull it apart? I'm really paranoid to do that as I had a horrific experience with that when I had a beat up 500MHz powerook.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Yup got it. Thank you. :D Looks like it had a bad hard drive and the cd drive is shot. Does wal-mart sell an external dvd player?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
They might. If you can find a cheap external IDE hard drive, you can use it with an IDE CD/DVD drive as well. (Obviously it won't fit in the enclosure, however it will work as an external optical drive)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.