This just in... a newly discovered UNPATCHABLE security exploit in Windows Vista????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just read this article and my jaw dropped. A security exploit in Windows Vista has been uncovered... a VERY serious one... and they say there's little Microsoft will even be able to do to fix it.

Reaction score
Vista has security issues? A Microsoft product? Who-da-thunk-it??? :)

Seriously, I passed this on to our IT folks to consider as they plan our internal enterprise transition to Vista ... thanks for posting!

Cheers

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Vista has security issues? A Microsoft product? Who-da-thunk-it??? :)

Seriously, I passed this on to our IT folks to consider as they plan our internal enterprise transition to Vista ... thanks for posting!

Cheers

Oh finding a vulnerability in Vista was no surprise. But finding one that is believed to be unfixable... now THAT is a whole new thing. If this proves to be the case, this may be what sinks MS for good.

Reaction score
I agree - hence the 'seriously' part - but I doubt it will sink MS (especially if, as the article suggests, XP may be vulnerable to the same thing). However, it may slow down some enterprise adoption, which will likely speed up the next operating system from them, and that's likely to be a positive thing.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.