Upgrading from tiger 10.4 to leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook-2Ghz-160HD-2gbRAM
Hi guys im new to the Mac world. I really love my mac! way better than PC! anyways had a question. I wanted to upgrade from my current tiger 10.4 OS to the new leopard. I just recently purchased a Mac Pro quad core cpu. Would i be able to use the leopard cd to upgrade it on my macbook laptop that has the tiger 10.4 OS?? Most importantly I want to preserve all my current software/programs, files, and everything on currently on my macbook. Can that just be transferred over when upgrading to Leopard? Sorry of the noob question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No the Macbook disc is model specific. Did you not get Leopard with the Mac Pro?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook-2Ghz-160HD-2gbRAM
No the Macbook disc is model specific. Did you not get Leopard with the Mac Pro?

yea i did get Leopard with the Mac Pro! My macbook laptop is the one that has Tiger on it, and I want to use the leopard install cd i got from my mac pro and install it on my macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
They are model specific.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.