Mouse problems

Reaction score
Interested to read recent discussion on 'meece' (I love that). I have to run both a wireless and wired mouse side by side since one started to scroll only down and the other only up! Seemed to work for about 6 months but is a two-handed pain. Now the pointer is desperately trying to escape from the corners of the screen (both mice as if chased by a rat!) seemingly randomly - usually about once every 5 minutes then comes back under control with a bit of aggressive mouse handling. Is this connected with the freezing problems experienced and written about in the forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Interested to read recent discussion on 'meece' (I love that). I have to run both a wireless and wired mouse side by side since one started to scroll only down and the other only up! Seemed to work for about 6 months but is a two-handed pain. Now the pointer is desperately trying to escape from the corners of the screen (both mice as if chased by a rat!) seemingly randomly - usually about once every 5 minutes then comes back under control with a bit of aggressive mouse handling. Is this connected with the freezing problems experienced and written about in the forum?

An Aside - there's a wonderful children's song called "Learning To Spell", originating in the US, some of which, I seem to recall, goes ...
"oh if mice were meece, and houses were heece,
there'd be no confusion with louses and leece".

But I digress. I've given up on Apple-specific meece with their tracking problems, and use PC units. Cheap, nasty, call them anything you like, but they darned well work, and work well, with no fuss, and no drivers required under OS X (Panther and later). Pop down to your local PC store, buy a generic USB optical mouse, and try it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.