apple forgetting old friends?

T

The mac 13

apple forgetting old hommies/homeboys?

Apple has a Black ipod, as you know, for U2. but let me ask y'all a question. was u2 the one that lifted apple's ipod sale and popularity to windows users? It was infact da black eyed peas, not U2. When the ipod was windows userable, black eyed peas was used to promote it. every now and then their hey mama song and commercial was heard. even my 3 year baby bratha was singing to their ryhmes. Let me ask a question. Why didnt apple have a Black Eyed Peas iPod?

I am not speaking this coz i am a hip hopper infact, i dont really like their rhymes as their ryhmes are very club like, but i am wondering why apple dont have an iPod for Blak eyed peas. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
maybe because u2 is a legend, and perhaps to attract older customers. besides, what would a black eyed peas ipod look like? all rainbow colored and look like a pokemon threw up all over it? nothing against BEP, I like some of their music, and apple also used lets get
it started to promote the g5 imac.

OP
T

The mac 13

Macman said:
apple also used lets get
it started to promote the g5 imac.

thats right. maybe they should produce a gold ipod(not really gold fool) or maybe a rainbow ipod, like the old apple logo as hip hoppers are different you know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
the rainbow colored like the old apple logo might be cool,, if it was only raindow in an apple,Ill make it right quick. it came out alright, not what I expected, then again, it took like 3 or 4 minutes, so.

rainbow ipod.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Apple, a legend in the computer world, and U2, a legend in the music world, working together... quite logic, isn't it?

Why would Apple work with a Hip Hop act that nobody will even remember next year? Not that BEP are bad, but they just don't have the legend factor...
And there's one more thing: A lot more people know about U2, from young to old...

And by the way, the new U2 album just rocks!! :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
All-Time Sales for Music

NAME SALES (Millions)
01 The Beatles 232
02 Michael Jackson 142
03 Mariah Carey 132
04 Madonna 131
05 Celine Dion 125
06 Phil Collins 116
07 U2 109
08 Pink Floyd 108
09 Led Zeppelin 105
10 Rolling Stones 94

That tells it all

Black Eyed Peas are just going to be like all other pop music in this day and age....forgotten and releasing a greatest hits album after 2 albums

OP
T

The mac 13

trpnmonkey41 said:
Black Eyed Peas are just going to be like all other pop music in this day and age....forgotten and releasing a greatest hits album after 2 albums

makes sense. hmm maybe they should have a wu-tang clan iPod. they are a legend, infact, one of them member just died..

OP
T

The mac 13

Macman said:
the rainbow colored like the old apple logo might be cool,, if it was only raindow in an apple,Ill make it right quick. it came out alright, not what I expected, then again, it took like 3 or 4 minutes, so.

what i was thinkin' was whole of ipod, raindow colour.

OP
T

The mac 13

Hmm. a legend eh? tupac iPod? Curt goblin iPod? carpenters iPod? Abba ipod? Biggie iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The mac 13 said:
makes sense. hmm maybe they should have a wu-tang clan iPod. they are a legend, infact, one of them member just died..
Yea from a cocaine overdose......theres some good publicity

Legend because they no longer exist not because of a remarkable career

Most rap artists would make poor choices because very few actually have a clean public record that makes them easily marketable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The mac 13 said:
Hmm. a legend eh? tupac iPod? Curt goblin iPod? carpenters iPod? Abba ipod? Biggie iPod?

The only real legend in your list is Abba...Tupac, Biggie or even the Wu-Tang-Clan are legends in the Hip Hop world, and outside that you won't find lots of people knowing anything about them. Real legends are recognised by millions of people, through all ages, no matter which music preference they have. Even if somebody hates Abba, or The Beatles, or Elvis...if they hate them, they at least know about them...

They could have chosen any other band with legend status, but from the existing (and still alive) bands only a few have this status, and U2 is one of them. So their choice was a good one. :mac:

OP
T

The mac 13

trpnmonkey41 said:
Yea from a cocaine overdose......theres some good publicity

Legend because they no longer exist not because of a remarkable career

Most rap artists would make poor choices because very few actually have a clean public record that makes them easily marketable

tupac is a legend. grand Masta jay is> well tupac not really, he has felony record.

madona ipod? buut uto is popular with old rockrs.lol..nywaay,sori for bad typing..done on a pocketpc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The mac 13 said:
hmm.. how bout carpenters?

Well actually, I have no idea who that is... :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
My understanding was that U2 approached Apple, not the other way around. The members of U2 have made public statements before about their support for iPod and the iTunes store. I think it's much more likely that U2 wanted to show their support for Apple and iPod.

I doubt we'll see very many other "Special Edition" iPod models besides the U2 one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.