No Mail APP

Reaction score
Hey guys so I just traded my iphone for a macbook pro from a guy on Craigslist. Everything on it runs really great, but there is no mail app. I went to finder and search the whole computer, but it wasnt there. I'm not sure if the guy deleted the app or what.I also didnt get any discs so I cant reboot the mac.

Do you know if there is a way to recover the system without any discs, Like setting it back to a previous restore point(I'm fairly new to the apple scene and was always on windows, but not anymore.)

What do you guys suggest I do, I just wanna get my .mac acct email right away-- stright to the dock.

Thanks for any help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 White - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD
I'm also new to the apple/mac scene... but what I've browsed on the site is that there's and app called Time Machine? Don't know if your MBP has it but it might restore it to when it had Mail and such.

Or maybe you can look on the internet for that specific Mac email client.

Good luck!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Click on the Apple in the Top Left corner of the Tool bar. Click on About This Mac. What version of OSX does it say is on the machine? like mine is 10.5.4

OP
L
Reaction score
Would there be a way to borrow the disc from a friend who has a macbook and just extract the mail app and not reboot the whole system? Please any help will be greatly appreciated

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.