Yaa for my mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHZ Macbook Pro
Just got my mbp yesterday. :) Mostly have just been messing around on it but already love it. I still have two other laptops one with xp (my gaming laptop) and one with vista ultimate (my media laptop) but once I get all the stuff off my media laptop (my music mostly) I don't think I'm even going to be using that one and I'll just be using my gaming laptop for whenever I feel like I want to play games.

So far this definitely feels like what I've wanted every new laptop I've ever bought to feel like. Now I just have to actually figure out how to use it. My best friend had macs growing up and I actually always liked them better than pc's just that they didn't have as many games. Now that I don't play games as much and it's easier to mess around with windows on a mac if you really want to (although I will not taint my mac with such evil things) it finally gave me no excuses not to switch.

Actually the funny part though is one of my favorite games ever for computer was made for macs first though and although it's ported for pc definitely not as fun on pc.

That game would be Escape Velocity if anyone has played it.

Just wanted to introduce myself again now that I actually have my laptop.

:)

Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome to the Mac!

If you have any questions, you have come to the right place. Feel free to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
You know, about the 'Windows on Mac' thing (doesn't THAT sound dirty), in my years of computer use I've found that I don't like to feel constricted. I've found about a million one-shot programs.. that is, apps that I've downloaded for only one use and tossed. A great deal of them didn't have any kind of mac version. So, while OSX is arguably better than Windows, I just don't see myself not using everything at my disposal. Including Windows. That's just me, though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Congrats on your MBP and good luck :) Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Dispenced, I can totally relate, as I just got a MBP this past Sunday. So far I am very impressed. It is by far the nicest computer I have owned. It is also about time to update my desktop. I have had my current one for a few years now and an iMac would look nice in its place. Congrats on your new computer :D

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHZ Macbook Pro
I actually wanted an Imac more than I wanted a MBP but it isn't practical for me to really have a desktop right now. :( Heh. So I had to settle for the MBP... Although it wasn't really settling I was happy either way. I'm going to probably get an Imac or whatever it will be called in a year - year and a half when I'm actually at home enough to use a desktop.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to use Time Capsule... heh.

Off to break something (hopefully not actually)

Reaction score
have you tried installing your games on boot camp in mac? it might work and you might not even need your gaming laptop.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHZ Macbook Pro
not yet but that's more for convenience more than anything. i spend much of my time on an aircraft carrier out to sea so I leave this computer where I work and my gaming laptop in berthing (where I sleep)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.