Are the mac keyboards anygood?

Reaction score
Does anybody own one? I was thinking about buying one, but can't decided whether to get the wired, or wireless one (if I get one at all).

Worth it for a macbook user who frequently hooks his macbook up to a 19" monitor?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use an Apple aluminum wired keyboard when I'm at home with my MacBook. I know I could use just about any wired USB keyboard but I like having the Mac special keys displayed without having to figure out which is what on an ordinary USB keyboard that was primarily designed for PCs.

I also use a wired Logitech three button mouse and a Samsung 22" LCD at home with the MacBook. And yes, the keyboard is well worth having (along with a mouse) when using your MacBook with an external monitor. Without it, you can't really switch to only using the external monitor while keeping the internal shut off. (operate in clamshell mode)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I like the wired one that is flat. It's simple and comfy :)

OP
L
Reaction score
On your advice I picked one up, and it's great. Thanks for your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.