upgrade ibook hdd

OP
J

joetherower

Hey Mac Homies

Has anyone installed a superdrive while putting in their hdd. that would be something more usefull to me .

I went the the guide from the pb fixit site but didn't go further than popping open the bottom bit.

might have a go now that i now it is possible with a card

joe

OP
S

sebeck

joetherower said:
Hey Mac Homies

Has anyone installed a superdrive while putting in their hdd. that would be something more usefull to me .

I went the the guide from the pb fixit site but didn't go further than popping open the bottom bit.

might have a go now that i now it is possible with a card

joe

I'm going to do that next. I should have done it when I did the hdd. It was right there and easily accessible.

OP
T

two45am

Did anyone post a guide for this (with photos)? I'm thinking of installing a new harddrive in my iBook G4 1.2 ghz but I need a guide so I dont mess up...

Anyone?

OP
C

crisrose

i have photos, but no where to host them!

the 100GB drive went in fine... the second time around! First time, the iBook didn't detect it, so i had to buy an £8 external 2.5" drive enclosure to format it first.

All i can say is it's a ***** to get apart, and it's easy to bend the metal sheet inside doing it.

Worth it though! I only have 40GB free now lol.

WUHAHAHAHA!

Reaction score
apple will do it but it'll cost you

jbsengineer said:
Wondering if anyone else has accomplished this. If so did you use a spudger to split the case or some other tool? I really want to upgrade. I'm at 30gig's right now and i have a 2.5" toshiba 60gb just sitting here in my desk... will the apple store put it in??? I can do it. just want to have my research down before i attempt.... any input is welcome, :)

apple will do it but they charge $180 and it voids all warranties and they do not warranty their work--go figure. I'd recommend doing it yourself.

OP
P

poisoncell

Can I know how to format hard disk? Must format it under what? MS-DOC? or any others...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.