Screen Capture - How do I scroll & capture at the same time?

Reaction score
I've been using the shift+command+spacebar keys to take a screen shot. When using firefox or finder - I can enable the screenshot crosshair, but can not use the up down left right keys to extend the screenshot beyond the currently visible text.
Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. You can't take a screen capture of what isn't on your screen. That's like trying to take a photo of both sides of a mountain.

If you want to capture your screen as you scroll, you'll have to take a video as you scroll using a program like Snapz Pro X or Screenflow.

Otherwise, you'll have to take separate pictures and combine them in Photoshop or a similar program.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you have the gist of what I want to do. Instead of capturing video, I would like to take a screenshot and end up with a picture. For example, the attached file I have added to this post - I would like to include "Additional Options" and the text below it - all in the one screen grab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC Pro Quad Core, 6GB RAM, 2TB storage; 17"MacBook Pro, 2GB
Scrolling Screen Capture

DaveDave's request parallels mine - I would also like to have a screen capture program that can create an image of a window's entire scrolled content. Before becoming a Mac convert, I used a Windows program called HyperSnap which does exactly what DaveDave describes. And it isn't at all like photographing both sides of a mountain simultaneously - it is a progresssive capture of window information while automatically scrolling the window all the way to the bottom, and a video is not needed here. HyperSnap is just one example of a whole bunch of widely available very useful utilities for Windows that either do not exist or that are extremely hard to find for the Mac; or if equivalents do exist, they usually are poorly executed compared to the best Windows products. Anyway, that has been my experience in my quest to find MAC equivalents of my favorite Windows utilities - as always, YMMV. So, if any of you long-time Mac experts out there can point DaveDave and me to a MAC program that works like HyperSnap, we would both be very grateful.

Harry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Try File > Print > Save as pdf ~ should get you everything that is available.
Open each pdf page in preview and you can 'save as' in most formats.
S.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" macbook
Try Jing. It's a snag it like utility. Works great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Not sure if this is pertinent but one i have used in Keynote is to take two screenshots one at top and scroll down and one at bottom and then use 'Magic Move' for transition which scrolls down page on next slide click in the presentation.

Reaction score
Try File > Print > Save as pdf ~ should get you everything that is available.
Open each pdf page in preview and you can 'save as' in most formats.
S.

I want to do this but everything is shrunk to fit making long pages illegible! I've tried lots of different things........anyone have any new recommendations?:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
No it isn't. File> Print> bottom left pdf button, save as pdf.

It saves what youre looking at exactly as it is formatted in a pdf form.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Cool! I tried the Save as PDF myself and it does exactly what the OP wants it to do.

Reaction score
There's a certain website on which I post projects and I don't know what it is about the way the pages are populated, but it doesn't print out like the screen, I should have explained that to begin with. It's a crafting site, it's nothing that would be illegal to print out, but a simple page print to PDF doesn't cut it. That's why I need some sort of scrolling print to PDF.

Reaction score
Screen capture scroll mac

Hi guys,

I've done a quick search on Google withe the term on the title and found loads of results. The first one already helped me, its an app you install on google chrome, called: screen capture.
Its free:
Chrome Web Store - Screen Capture (by Google)

Hope I helped!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Download "Awesome Screenshot". It is available as an extension for Safari and Firefox. (don't know about Chrome or Opera) and it can take a shot of an entire page, no matter where the view is. Love it.

Doug

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've done a quick search on Google withe the term on the title and found loads of results. The first one already helped me, its an app you install on google chrome, called: screen capture.
Its free:
Chrome Web Store - Screen Capture (by Google)

Hope I helped!

Seconded. I just checked out this Chrome extension and it worked fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.