do the close, maximize, minimize buttons move?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is possible, or if this is the right area for this sort of question, I am new to macs and I was wondering if there was any way i could move the X,+,- buttons over to the right side? I have used PCs for my whole life and it's hard getting used to them over there. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
redrum7234,

Don't think so, just something you have to get used to with a Mac. I switched, too, and you just have to think a little differently. You'll get used to it...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
I am also a very new Mac user and it was strange at first to get used to the buttons being on the left. I have a Macbook and a desktop PC that has Win XP on, so I'm always having to rethink when I do stuff on the other one.

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
When I use my windows laptop now I find myself looking on the left side of the window. It doesn't take too long to adapt to the Mac way, and somehow it feels more logical... having the minimize and close buttons on the same side as the menu bar options. For minimizing, you may find it helpful to use command + m.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
No, but I bet you'll get used to it within a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
My solution was even easier. Don't use them. Cmd-w closes the window, cmd-m minimizes it and I have yet to find a need to maximize :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.