please help, my Ipod is dead

C

Carl Swan

hi

I have had my ipod for around 11 months now and for the last month it has randomly just stopped playing in the middle of a song and froze for around 45 minutes. Also whan I connect it to my g5 all it displays is a symbol which looks like a record with a check box sittin in the lower left corner of the disc, I don't have a clue whats going on with it. Do you guys think I should send it to apple or what? also my ipod is really scratched and I was wondering if you can get new cases fitted on them?

many thanks
Carl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, does this happen on the same song all the time, or any song? is its software up to date? try a ipod disk scan, to do this, reset/restart the ipod by holding down menu and play buttons until you see the apple logo, at the apple logo, hold rew/reverse, menu, play, and FF, it should start a scan disk process.

OP
P

pdp

Macman said:
is its software up to date?
regardless of the software/drivers build, it should not freeze up randomly. not unless the newer builds were to fix a problem such as random lock-ups =P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I would try a complete restore.

Hook up the iPod and open the iPod software updater software.
There select the 'restore' option to erase and re-install the iPod's software...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.