creative zen nano plus not recognised

Reaction score
Running latest patched version of OS X 10.5, now this mp3 player will not mount to desktop.
I do run XP through bootcamp/Fusion and it is recognised there.
Anyone any ideas why OS X won't see it?
Thanks

N

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this a Creative Zen or an iPod Nano?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Maybe I'm missing something, but from poking around Creative's website, I don't see where this product is supported by OS X at all. The problem is likely related to a lack of driver support.

OP
N
Reaction score
This player is a simple USB device - not much different from a memory stick.
Also, it used to be recognised by OS X before the latest update but that my be some sort of coincidence

N

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Someone on another forum said this might work. Can't hurt to try I guess.

http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/index.html

The reason I asked my question was I figured Nano was a misprint. I did not know Creative had something with Nano in it's name.

OP
N
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen that. I was just sort of curious that at one time it worked and now it doesn't (in OS X). Seems OK in Windows XP.

N

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I have seen that. I was just sort of curious that at one time it worked and now it doesn't (in OS X). Seems OK in Windows XP.

N

You say it worked just before you installed the last update from Apple? Do you remember which update that was? The very last one was mostly a security update.

OP
N
Reaction score
yep - that was it.
I know it doesn't make sense, as it works with my Fusion/XP install, using the same usb connector.
Although I think the Creative is a fine player, I have been thinking about an Ipod classic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.