Bioshock on bootcamp?

Reaction score
So I've got a standard macbook (not pro) and I bought Bioshock, for some reason assuming I had everything I needed. So I don't. Uhhh, is there ANY way I could POSSIBLY run this game on this machine? Graphics engine simulator or something...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook Black 4GB RAM Mid 2008
Like Zeels said it should work, but MacBooks aren't really for games, I recommend getting the baseline xbox360 if you'd like to play BioShock to its full potential.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, MacBook CD
Those high end games need a dedicated graphics card, which the Mac Book Pro has but not the Mac Book. You can play things like Age of Empires III and games on that level, but for games like Bioshock, Crysis, Ghost Recon, etc. that require heavy use of shaders and what not, the integrated graphics on the Mac Book just can't cut it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Like Zeels said it should work, but MacBooks aren't really for games, I recommend getting the baseline xbox360 if you'd like to play BioShock to its full potential.
Absolutely. If you really want to see the game where it shines (and it does :)) pick up a 360. It's a fantastic game. Not to say it wont work well on the mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I'm guessing if you meet these requirements:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/stickershock/bioshock-pc-hardware-requirements-revealed-276512.php

That it shouldn't be a problem unless boot camp changes the requirement needs when running a program. But I dont think thats the case. Hope it works! It's a great game :)

The MacBook does not meet the minimum requirements. It's clearly stated on that page that a video card with 128MB of dedicated video RAM is required. The MacBook has no such part.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I said IF you meet those requirements it should not be a problem. I did not say, you meet the requirements, it shouldn't be a problem. But thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.