C

CubeStyle

I have two folders that i'm trying to delete by dragging them to the trash bin. When I try to empty, it says they are locked. So, I remove them from trash, get info, and the lock/unlock icon is not even highlighted for me to unlock it. It's not checked either.

I don't use multiple users, and I am almost certain that it doesn't have anything to do with admin rights or anything like that.

Anyone have any suggestions???

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yes, do a get info, click the ownership tab, and change everythig to read & write, groups:read & write, others:read & write.

OP
C

CubeStyle

Unfortunately, I have already done all of this. Thanks for trying though...........

OP
C

CubeStyle

What's weird is, it doesn't even give me the option to check or uncheck the lock box. It's just grayed out.........

this is really starting to get on my nerves, these two folders have been in my trash for like six months now.........I hope I can get this figured out with someones help here..... :bushman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CubeStyle said:
What's weird is, it doesn't even give me the option to check or uncheck the lock box. It's just grayed out.........

this is really starting to get on my nerves, these two folders have been in my trash for like six months now.........I hope I can get this figured out with someones help here..... :bushman:
ok, this should do it, take it out of the trash, click on the WMP app in the folder, hold down control and click on it, select show package contents. in there, there are subfolders, go through the same process as above with each item/folder, and secure empty the trash. if not, in the get info window in the ownership tab, under details, if all is read & write, click the little lock on the right side next to
owner and change the owner to your username, itll probably say system or something, then move to trash, then secure delete, if not, restart and the try.

OP
C

CubeStyle

The owner is set to my name. Last night, again, I went through every name *all the strange ones* and made sure everything was set to read and write.

How do you "secure delete"?? Not sure about the WMP app, but i'll try to figure it out tonight when I get back to my MAC.

Thanks again for your help.....:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CubeStyle said:
How do you "secure delete"??
when its in the trash, click finder in the upper left hand corner( where the name of an app is when its open) and click secure empty trash, or if you have stuffit deluxe, theres an app included that lets you delete things without permission, you just enter the admin password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.