Alternative to MS Outlook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata
Howdy all, is there an alternative to Outlook for a Mac? I want to sync with my Exchange server but I'd rather not use Office if I can help it. Open Office looks great but I don't see an Outlook alternative. Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, built-in Apple Mail will sync with an Exchange Server. Also, Entourage (part of MS Office 2008 for Mac) is very similar to Outlook. I believe Mozilla Thunderbird is also Exchange compatible.

OP
jrockett
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata
Cool. Thanks, I'm still learning the joys of the mac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Mail is great I would strongly recommend it for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina MacBook Pro (15")
Mail is great, to be sure..... but if you need all similar features from Outlook then Entourage 2008 is the way to go. It takes a little tweaking to work great; but I use it for my work email, and I really like the comprehensive "Project Center" module it has. It also makes it easy to categorize emails based on any variables you set.

I use Entourage 2008 at work, as it's definitely geared more towards the corporate world; but Mail for all my personal accounts.

Reaction score
I use Microsoft Outlook 2007 for appointments and contacts which I sync with my Palm Centro. Now that I've switched, I'm trying to get away from Microsoft products. Can anyone suggest an alternative (free hopefully) that has the same capabilities and is Palm Centro friendly?

Thanks again.

Love the Mac so far!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.