Connecting to network problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo mac book 2gigs ram, 16gig Ipad 2, 16gig Nano, 2 32gig Iphone 4s
I have an Airport extreme with a windows xp pro machine connected via Ethernet, and a mac book wirelessly. I have never had a problem connecting until a couple months ago. My mac book does NOT connect automatically like it used to. Don't know what I've done, but I'm sure it's operator error. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
ratflyer,

I notice the same thing with mine. I have to go to System Preferences>Network occasionally and find that my Airport has slipped the cog and is on another selection - and I have to re-select Airport and my network and give my password to re-connect. Someone said the latest OS X update to 10.5.4 did that...

Last time I clicked the lock closed and it's been holding since I did that...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I've had problems where my network isn't connected after going to sleep or closing the lid. Normally just turning airport off, then back on is enough to reconnect (from the menubar).

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo mac book 2gigs ram, 16gig Ipad 2, 16gig Nano, 2 32gig Iphone 4s
I've had problems where my network isn't connected after going to sleep or closing the lid. Normally just turning airport off, then back on is enough to reconnect (from the menubar).

I have also done this, where I turn the airport off and then back on and it finds my network. The problem is that it does not connect automatically like it should????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I haven't figured the problem out, but I'm guessing it's some type of bug in OS X. It's not losing the ssid/password, and it works after the restart. I assumed it was because my network ssid is hidden/not broadcast, and that it had something to do with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Last time I clicked the lock closed and it's been holding since I did that...

Noel

I just checked my Airport in SysPref>Network and the doggone lock was OPEN...

How does one keep these things locked when they work? Arghhhh...

Noel

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't figured the problem out, but I'm guessing it's some type of bug in OS X. It's not losing the ssid/password, and it works after the restart. I assumed it was because my network ssid is hidden/not broadcast, and that it had something to do with that.

Mine is broadcast, and it still doesn't connect automatically like it used too???:[

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.