I Need Garage Band Help Pluggin In Guitar

Reaction score
OK HEY GUYS I'M NEW TO THE MAC WORLD. I'VE SEEN OTHER POSTS ON MY SUBJECT HERE BUT STILL AM CONFUSED.
:Oops:
I HAVE A MACBOOK OS W/ GARAGE BAND. I WANNA PLUG MY GUITAR IN I KNOW I CAN DO IT VIA USB OR FIREWIRE. I'M THINKING I WANNA GO FIREWIRE DUE TO TRANSFER SPEED. HOWEVER ALL THE CABLES I SEE ON EBAY ARE 6- 4 PIN. ON THE SIDE OF MY MAC I DON'T SEE ANY FIREWIRE INPUTS. I HAVE A REGULAR AUDIO OUT HEADPHONES JACK AND THERES ABOUT 2 OR 3 OTHER FEMALE INPUTS BUT ITS STUFF I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. DO I NEED SOME KINDA ADAPTER? LIKE WOULD A 6-4 PIN WORK WITH ADAPTER? AND WHAT ARE THESE INTERFACES AND WHERE CAN I RESEARCH? IS THE INTERFACE LIKE A PREAMP THAT PLUGS INTO MY MAC? I WOULD BE OPEN TO USB. IT SOUNDS A LIL MORE AMATUER WHICH I DEFINITLEY AM BUT WILL IT TRANSFER EVERYTHING I'M PLAYIN ON GUITAR?

IF THERES ANY ILLUSTRATIONS OR EXPLICIT DIRECTION I WOULD APPRECIATE IT GREATLY. THANKS VERY MUCH . LOVE THE MAC THO. WANNA GET SOME MUSIC RECORDED! THANKS AGAIN

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is push the Caps Lock button...thanks.

Second. You don't even need to plug your guitar unless it's electric. If acoustic, you can use the isight mic as an input.

If electric, all you need is and adapter for your guitar chord that converts to a stereo input jack (headphone size). These are like 3 bucks @ Guitar Center. Ask the Pro Audio guys there.

if you want usb interface or firewire interface, and want a really high end recording device - i would recommend Apogee.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.