itunes problems

Reaction score
I have a Windows formatted ipod, I synced it with itunes on my mac (wanting to get rid of the PC) and all of the music had errors. it would make a bunch of various noises during the songs, and sometimes the songs would only play half. Help please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In order to "Get rid of the PC" you will need to click the "RESTORE" button in iTunes. This will reformat your iPod to the Mac File System (HFS+) but it will also delete all of your music. Make sure you have your music available on the Mac to put back on the iPod as once it is reformatted it will no longer work on your PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Yeah exactly what he said but be very careful make sure you have your music all backed up, I did the same thing as you and lost all my music last year. It sucked :( So be careful! Back it up.

OP
I
Reaction score
I have everything backed up, I guess I will have to format it in HFS+ but why would it act that way i mac can read fat32?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.