This is new

T

Tyler Percival

I recently got a g4 imac 1ghz and for some odd reason the thing turns itself off, i dont mean going to sleep i mean entirely off. Has anyone else heard of this or experienced it? Any help would be great, because i dont want to have to send it in to Apple. Thanks :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Have you checked your setting in the Preference Pane under Energy Saver? There is an option in there to set your machine to turn off automatically at a set time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Did you receive it used and didn't do a fresh install of the OS? A lot of the time, this ends up going something like this: The original owner had a piece of software on the machine(thoroughly check Applications and Utilities Folders) that is a 3rd party energy saver, like a specific schedule of when to turn on/off, sleep etc.

If you do find that software, delete it(drag to trash). Also, either way, I'd reccommend doing a fresh install..Clear out the old and bring on the new.

OP
T

Tyler Percival

Nope i got it new, is there any way that the machine would power off even if the fan is workin?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.