Burning CD's

Reaction score
Hi all,

Before I start I have recently purchased a Macbook and I am rather new to it.

My problem is this... I do a bit of Djing from time to time. I buy my music from legal download sites which is then stored on my Mac. When I burn the music onto normal audio Cd's for whatever reason the tracknames are not burned onto the disc. Once I put them into the CD player all I get is "Track1,2 etc."

I have tried using Itunes and also Burn but I cant seem to get round this at all. After searching google I seem to be finding topics on forums which are 1 or 2 years old.

Does anyone know of a way to ensure that the track names are burned onto the disc??

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Track names aren't stored on the CD itself. Instead a database (CDDB) is used. When a CD is released it's details are submitted to CDDB and then whenever anyone puts that album into their computer it looks up the track names based on the 'fingerprint' of that disc such as number of tracks, track length, order of tracks etc.

As your discs have never been submitted to a database they won't be able to pick up the track names. However you can submit it yourself. Put your disc in and in iTunes go to Advanced > Submit CD Track Names

HTH

OP
H
Reaction score
Track names aren't stored on the CD itself. Instead a database (CDDB) is used. When a CD is released it's details are submitted to CDDB and then whenever anyone puts that album into their computer it looks up the track names based on the 'fingerprint' of that disc such as number of tracks, track length, order of tracks etc.

As your discs have never been submitted to a database they won't be able to pick up the track names. However you can submit it yourself. Put your disc in and in iTunes go to Advanced > Submit CD Track Names

HTH

Thanks for the reply.

The way im reading that is if i were to create my playlist then submit it to Gracenote then the Mac will then transfer the track names to disc? That correct?

Seemed to work fine when I was using my Windows Desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I know it's spending more money, but Toast will do the CD-TEXT thing for you. It's a great program (except it won't let you create your own chapters when you do DVDs!)...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.