Picture Properties

C

CubeStyle

Hello all, and thanks for having me on your forum.

I am using a G4 Cube running OSX 10.2.8 and have some general questions about OSX.

I'm trying to upload some pics to a web page. How can I change/reduce the file size of a JPEG?

Also, when I'm viewing a picture online, (in windows you can right click to view properties/true URL), how do you do this on OSX, in order to see the "true URL". Simply copying the URL from the address bar doesn't work for attempting to post a pic, like, say in a forum.

Thanks for everyones help. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
control click the image and click open image in new window, that url of that window is the "true" url, copy & paste it to where you need, thats it. as far as reducing file size of a jpg, I
think the only way is to compress it, but then its not a viewable image like a jpeg, its a zip or sit file that needs to be decompressed to view the image, but in photoshop or preview, you can make the image smaller, or lower the resolution, thatll reduce file size. welcome to the forums, I have a g4 cube, its the greatest. :mac:

OP
C

CubeStyle

Thanks for the reply......for some reason that's not working either. I did compare the two URL's given, and they both appear exactly the same.

I wonder if it's the site that is hosting my picture?? Anyone know of a "free" site that will host pics?

Also, in Preview, where is it you can change the file size of an image??

Thanks again!!, I also love my Cube!! don't ever want to give it up!

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
that url will work if you use it to post in a forum, trust me. as far as file size, you cant change it in any app unless you use a lower image resolution. Ill never let my cube go, it runs like a 1.x ghz g4.

OP
C

CubeStyle

Ahh, I'm starting to think that it's not anything i'm doing, I think it's the forum where I'm trying to post..........

Who knows, I 'll figure it out, thanks again for the help though!!!

OP
C

CubeStyle

Hey MacMan..........I'm also trying to use a cutom avatar for this forum, but am having problems doing this as well.

In Preview, I have changed the file size to well under the 64kb, but i'm still being told the image is larger than 100 by 100 pixels........

Any suggestions?? Thanks for your help!! :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
do a google for a software called "iZoom"

that'll sort you out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.