Cartoon or vector looking image

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's a vector? Kind of hard to tell...if you really want it to look more like artwork rather than a photograph then I would try doing poster edges and then vectoring those shapes.

Right now..it just looks like a photography and not very interesting at that.

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
It's a vector? Kind of hard to tell...if you really want it to look more like artwork rather than a photograph then I would try doing poster edges and then vectoring those shapes.

Right now..it just looks like a photography and not very interesting at that.

just tried it on another image and it turned out a lot bitter. I played around with cut-out filters and poster edges. and some lighting effects

Mrs Denherder.jpg

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
just tried it on another image and it turned out a lot bitter. I played around with cut-out filters and poster edges. and some lighting effects

I think your second attempt went a lot better than the first, although it still looks like you just ran some filters on a photograph. I high recommend that you take the time to use the pen tool in illustrator or photoshop and trace the shapes so that you have nice clean lines and curves. It looks a little jagged in that photograph.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a feeling that the OP might be a little confused on what exactly a vector drawing is.
What you have submitted is a Bitmap image.
Bitmap images are made by arranging a ton of pixels. These images use more use more memory than a comparable vector image and lose their quality when re-scaled.

Vector images produced with a drawing software package intended for such a purpose. Vector images are made up of lines, shapes and co-ordinates.

If you truly wanted to vectorize your photo, I would suggest using something like Adobe Illustrator to rotoscope it.

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I have a feeling that the OP might be a little confused on what exactly a vector drawing is.
What you have submitted is a Bitmap image.
Bitmap images are made by arranging a ton of pixels. These images use more use more memory than a comparable vector image and lose their quality when re-scaled.

Vector images produced with a drawing software package intended for such a purpose. Vector images are made up of lines, shapes and co-ordinates.

If you truly wanted to vectorize your photo, I would suggest using something like Adobe Illustrator to rotoscope it.

Alright. this i actually made in illustrator CS3. Took me quite some time.
Its not like the previous ones that i used Photoshop for to run some filters and tweak it a littl bit. It took me about 5 hours

VectorMike.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Now that looks more like a vector drawing! :)

I have posted this before some time ago, but here is an example of a quick one that I did about 2 or 3 years ago:
preview.jpg
wires.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
Goofy expression, but as a vector drawing of a face it looks great DB. Better than what I can do, although I've never attempted it. All you do is just trace a photo in Illustrator? What did you use, a mouse or tablet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.