How to not run off the battery

Reaction score
I just purchased a Macbook about a week ago and is ther a way to just run the macbook off of the actual book itself rather then having it plugged in and power str8 to the battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Erm... you could take the battery out? Nightmare when you knock the cable though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
On the underside, you'll see a circular piece with an indent through the middle with a locked lock and an unlocked lock. You'll need to move it to the unlocked position.

"The cable" is the AC adaptor. If you don't have the battery in there and you're unplugged, you're going to lose what you're doing. Apple was very innovative in making the adaptor "MagSave", as it is connected to your computer using a magnet and thus will not be damaged if someone trips over it [and the person should be okay too!] or it's otherwise ripped out. This makes it easier to accidentally disconnect your Macbook as well, so watch out.

OP
A
Reaction score
ya i just found that out haha it accidentally got unplugged and it shut off, happened like 3 times in a row but its okay I started becoming a little more careful lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
CPU speed is decreased when the battery is removed.

Why not just leave the battery in and keep it plugged in. If it's plugged in it runs off AC power not the battery.

OP
A
Reaction score
CPU speed is decreased when the battery is removed.

Why not just leave the battery in and keep it plugged in. If it's plugged in it runs off AC power not the battery.

i didnt know that, thanks i apreciate it. just put it back in

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.