• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

FCE help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro and Mac Book Pro 17"
Help please!! I have looked for the last couple days in the user manual but cant find it.
I need to change the time line display. Right now the Time Lines displays ascending numbers, starting off at "0" and going up. I would like the Time Lines to display "seconds and minutes"O:)

Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Time Line in Final Cut Express

Maybe I am not explaining it correctly. :[
In Final Cut, I might be asking about the "Ruler" display in the Time Line. Does any one know how to change the display from numbers that start at the number "0" and go up from there? I would like the "Ruler" to display Seconds and Minutes.:)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Found the answer

Hello again, just wanted to see if anyone was interested in the answer because I have finally found it after searching the Final Cut Express Manual for the last four days. ;D

If you want your "Ruler" in the "Time Line" to display
Seconds and Minutes:
You have to click on the project tab in the "browser", then click "edit", and the click on "Project Properties...." Then in the pop-up window make sure "Time Display" is set on "Timecode", then put a "check mark" in the box next to "Reset Time Display" then click ok. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.