Ok before I dump this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Before I dump my beloved powerbook 1.67GHz...Perhaps the trackpad can be salvaged? The far top horizontal part of the trackpad still works but the rest of it barely works...Should I take the laptop apart and see what's up?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I just tried wiping out Tiger and installing Jaguar. For some reason the computer won't let me? All I keep getting is the flashing folder?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Why would you want to put 10.2 Jaguar on a 1.67Ghz Powerbook? First it will not even install as far as I know as the 1.67 Powerbooks came with at least 10.3 Panther. Second, Jaguar would not fix a Trackpad issue. It sounds like the trackpad is worn out.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dunno man...I don't have tiger, I only have Jaguar install disks. I'm so stressed out about what this woman that was staying at my house did to myself, my father and stepmother that I can't even think rationally. Let's put it this way, I just messed up bad. Two weeks ago I bought a 12" 1GHz powerbook 2weeks ago that's comming on Thursday that needs an operating system, ram cover, a "N" and spacebar key and battery. Yet I was a moron and bought a 15" 1.5GHz powerbook that probably needs a new freakin hard drive or optical drive.! >< So I apologize, I guess I'm just not in a real rational state of mind right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.