Canon Pixma MP780 All in One

Reaction score
I've been very pleased with this printer until last week, when it wouldn't print in black and wouldn't recognize a new cartridge. I did some research on other message boards and it looks like it's a common problem with this printer and the solution involves getting a new Canon printhead and have someone put it in. I've looked into new Canon printers and while they get good reviews, the ink cartridges on the are more expensive and get used up faster than the ones on the Pixma MP780. I'm looking at the classifieds for an all in one Canon printer (must have fax) that uses the BCi-3 and BCi-6 series cartridges and works well with Mac OS X. Any suggestions on which models might be good or where else to look for one besides local classified sites?

Reaction score
The printhead should come right out when you lift the lever on the side. Im not shure if the Mp780 has chips on the cartidges. That could be your problem. Use a New Canon Cartridge. I just got a Canon Pixma IP4200 at the thrift store for $5.00,and just ordered my ink for $35.00.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.