Time machine and internal Hard drives.

Reaction score
Do I need to buy the time capsule to use time machine? I have a macPro quad xeon 3.0 w/ 3GB ram. I am filling my three extra HD bays with (2) 500 GB seagate and maybe 1 750GB Or 1Terabyte HD. Could I use one of the for time machine?
Thanks In advance.

Also, I am thinking of replacing my current 250 GB hard drive that came stock, with either another 250 or a 500GB HD. How would I go about transfering all my info from one to the other. Also what internal hard drives to you folk recomend? What is the difference between a 7200 Rpm with 32mb VS. a 7200 Rpm with 16mb?

Thanks again

OP
L
Reaction score
Mac Pro and time machine

Time machine and internal Hard drives.
Do I need to buy the time capsule to use time machine? I have a macPro quad xeon 3.0 w/ 3GB ram. I am filling my three extra HD bays with (2) 500 GB seagate and maybe 1 750GB Or 1Terabyte HD. Could I use one of the for time machine?
Thanks In advance.

Also, I am thinking of replacing my current 250 GB hard drive that came stock, with either another 250 or a 500GB HD. How would I go about transfering all my info from one to the other. Also what internal hard drives to you folk recomend? What is the difference between a 7200 Rpm with 32mb VS. a 7200 Rpm with 16mb?

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Time Machine will work with any secondary disks or external hard drives, you aren't required to buy Time Capsule to use it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.