Apple Display 17 inch USB plugs won't work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 Dual 1GHZ 1 GB sdram 40 GB HD OS X LEOPARD
I got a 17 inch apple display ADC and the USB plugs behind it won't work. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try unplugging and plugging back in several times as the USB pins are on one side of the ADC connector and do not contact if not connected right in nice and snug.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
If you thought of this, don't take offense. Did you plug in the USB cable that comes out of the monitor into the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ADC includes USB, power and signal all in the one lead and connector. There are no USB cables plugged into the display.

OP
murdocity
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there anyway to replace the usb outlets on the monitor? is that even possible?

OP
murdocity
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried using one of those usb cable extension to connect my keyboard and mouse directly to the tower but for some reason it won't work. I bought the cable from Fry's Electronics, what can be the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To connect the keyboard and mouse Apple makes a purpose built cable extender which is white coloured. It is necessary you plug the keyboard directly into the computer and not the display or a USB hub.

Next thing to do is visually check no pins in the ADC connector plug have been bent out of shape, and then maybe run Repair Permissions. Here is the cable:-

http://www.welovemacs.com/appkeyext.html

If by chance you are using sound sticks have a look at this link from Apple Discussions:-

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=378958&tstart=255

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.