Powerbook Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Hey guys, I just picked up a 15" 1.5 GHz Powerbook for a whopping $240...lol:D Anyways the seller listed it as parts because apparently it "has a will not boot up, it stays on the Apple logo. It does make the startup sound when you turn it on. It is staying independently powered."

Doesn't that indicate a kernel panic?
-Thanks!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I just asked the guy...
I think I just got played...The guy said it stays on the apple and doesn't even get to the circular loading thingy...It's a dead motherboard or optical drive isn't it?:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
xj6jaguar1985,

Could be a number of different problems that keep it from booting... You could take it by a capable shop to have it checked out or by an Apple Store to see what they would charge you to fix it...

Sorry for your trouble,

Noel

Reaction score
Have you tried booting from the install CD/DVD? If you can, run disk utility and do a disk repair or reinstall the OS. Also, try running TechTools if you have it to do a system integrity check. It'll tell you if you have bad RAM and whatnot.

Good Luck!!

Reaction score
Take it to your local Apple store so they can run a diagnostic (fast and easy)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.