Upgrading to Leopard....Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15' MacBook Pro: 2.4GHz, 4GB Memory, 200GB Hard drive
I Have a G5 MBP with Tiger installed and wanted to upgrade to Leopard. I used my friends installation disk and did the "Archive and Store" method. THe install seemed to go successfully until i rebooted and had some problems. THe only part of Leopard that i seemed to have gotten was imovie and iphoto...All other programs are Tiger and my desktop still has the Tiger layout. I was just wondering what i could do to remedy this or was the problem from using a installation disk that had been already used? I have everything backed up so if worse comes to worse i could do a wipe and a clean install. Any feedback would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Aside from installing a copy of Leopard not licensed to you on your machine, it may be because your friend's copy is specific for his machine.

Purchase a copy of Leopard from Apple and try again.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yep spend a buck and buy the full retail install DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.