Share iTunes Library between on same Mac between OSX & Parallels WinXP

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to somehow share my iTunes library on my MacPro (10.5.4) between both my Mac OS, and also with my Parallels Windows XP OS, which is installed on the same computer?

I'd like to be able to take advantage of some of the various software utilities (tagging, etc...) that are available for the Window version of iTunes, but not for the Mac...and seeing as how altering the tags of my iTunes music would be one of the things on my agenda if I can share my iTunes Library between my Mac-OS and my Virtual-XP-OS, I just want to be absolutely certain that to avoid potentially screwing things up by changing meta tags and other information (album art, etc...) via iTunes on my XP virtual machine, such that the changes made wouldn't be recognized when I next open iTunes on my Mac...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
firstly 2 questions, what can you not do in OS X iTunes that you can do in windows, there is a great applescript site that can extend what iTunes can do is a plethora of ways

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/

But if the above is not what you are after, then you will have to get windows to see your library using Windows file sharing (OS X system preferences > Sharing)

I do not too much about windows networking, but if you can get windows to see any part of your mac drive then I can tell you how to share a library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I wish there was an easy way to create a 3rd partition where you can share files.

OP
M
Reaction score
firstly 2 questions, what can you not do in OS X iTunes that you can do in windows

I've been searching for an automated way of correcting music tracks that are tagged either incorrectly or are incomplete with lots of missing meta tags, and my searching has brought me to this...

I figured it would be worth a shot...

Reaction score
I do it load my Zune since there is no mac software for zune. Before booting windows parallels, click view, virtual machine, select "shared folders" add a folder, and name and steer it to your itunes library. Then whatever software in windows you use to play, just have it look to the folder you created. Works like a champ for my Zune software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.