Simple Windows game wont work.

Reaction score
I've found a site with liste games compatible with mac. Since the laptop doesnt have a very good graphics card I choosed to install a very simple game. Knights and merchants the peasants rebellion seems to be supported by mac. So I installed it with crossover mac. But when I want to play the game it boots up but it plays with less then 1 FPS. Unplayable slow. It took me 10 minutes to quit the game since it doesnt react at most times.

I have no idea what coud have causing this. do you guys now what might be happening?

System information >>

CPU:2,2GHZ Intel core 2 duo
RAM:2GB 667MHZ DDR2 SDRAM
:VIDEOCARD:GMA X3100

Not the best of the best. Atleast the videocard isnt that good. but KAM TPR even runes good at slower cards without problems. So if someone got a idea on how to solve this please help me.

thx in advANCE

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That machine should be robust enough to play that particular game. My guess is that CrossOver just doesn't have full support for it. You could always try installing Windows via Boot Camp and playing it directly within Windows.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Crossover is a really bad software in my opinion
What I did was install Windows on Boot Camp
And install my games on a portable HDD
Tough one thing I don't like is I always try to hide when I start a game(Not during game only in the process of starting it), because I'm ashamed of anyone seeing me use windows on a mac

OP
F
Reaction score
If I had the supplies to do it I would certainly install such software.

The problem is Im on holiday in the US and this is the only computer I have atm. And it is my sisters computer. ANd she doesnt allows me to install any other software on it. Even if I tell her it's neccesary to play that particular game.

Do you guys know about some games compatible with mac who do run and install decently on crossover mac. I might buy such a computer game here in the USA. Caus Id really like to play a video game from time to time since we travel alot by car.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.